Exchange Recovery Tools
How to Use the Converter Tool for EDB to Repair Corrupt Exchange Database Files
Exchange Database corruption is not an unfamiliar issue for Exchange users. Exchange experts are very much aware of the fact that the zero-error Exchange environment does not exist at all. Keeping this mind, Microsoft provides some simple error-fixing features or utilities for the use with the Exchange related products. However, when the Exchange corruption is serious one or when the user needs quick recovery, they will have to use third-party tools. Here, we will talk about Exchange Database corruption and practical uses of EDB to PST Conversion.
Exchange Server architecture relies on standard database technology. Information Store and JET Database Engine are the main components of Exchange. When some undesirable events happen in the Exchange environment of Exchange 2003, it mostly affects the information store that is made up of two separate databases:
- Private information store database
- Public information store database
The information store comprises of the database files: Priv1.edb, Priv1.stm, Pub1.edb and Pub1.stm. Among these, Priv1.edb manages user mailbox data and Pub1.edb manages public folder data. When the corruption hits the database, these .edb files turn corrupt.
Following symptoms can be noticed after the corruption of Exchange Server:
- Cannot start or stop Microsoft Exchange Information Store service and dependent services
- No response from the information store
- Clients cannot send or retrieve emails
- Receive various error messages
Microsoft Outlook, the client of MS Exchange Server, stores its data (emails, calendar and other items) in Outlook Data File (PST) on your computer. Conversion of EDB files to PST has many practical uses. The Microsoft Exchange Mailbox Merge Program (Exmerge.exe) uses EDB to PST conversion for migration purposes. When the Exchange Database files become corrupt, it is possible to convert EDB files to PST so that they are accessible with MS Outlook.
The Microsoft Exchange Mailbox Merge Program (Exmerge.exe) is a Microsoft utility to migrate user mailboxes from one Exchange Server to another by the conversion EDB files to PST. It is available as a downloadable tool for Exchange 2003 (can be downloaded from the Microsoft download center http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=2743 after checking the system requirements).
Kernel for Exchange Server, professional Converter tool for EDB, helps you recover inaccessible user mailboxes and mailbox items on the Exchange Server after incidences of corruption. Even permanently deleted Exchange accounts can be recovered using this tool. It is the most recommended tool to deal with Exchange corruption due to Windows file system corruption, network errors, Outlook crash, Exchange shutdown errors, and hardware or software issues.
- Repairs the corrupt public and private databases of the Exchange server
- Recovers deleted mailboxes and mailbox items
- Operates in two modes –Standard Scan and Advanced Scan - according to the extent of corruption
- Supports the conversion of multiple EDB files at a time
- Provides advanced features for searching, filtering and preview
- Saves recovered data in PST, MSG, EML, RTF, HTML and TXT formats
- Live Exchange Server and Office 365 without any requirement of additional resources.
- Easy to install and use
- Works with almost all versions of MS Exchange Server and MS Outlook
- Available as free demo version
As the Kernel for Exchange Server is available as trial version, it is easy to evaluate it before making the purchase. For this, you need to download its trial version. After using the trial version for recovery and preview, you can think of purchasing it. Only the full version has the unlimited saving facility. However, the trial version allows saving only first 25 files per folder.
Your system need to meet the following requirements for the proper working of the Kernel for Exchange Server.
- Pentium Class Processor
- 512 MB RAM
- 50 MB Free Space (for Software installation)
- Free Disk Space - Enough space to store the recovered files
- Windows (32 & 64 bits): Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows Server 2012, Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows 7, Vista, XP, 2008, 2002, 2000
- MS Outlook (32 & 64 bits): MS Outlook 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007, 2003, 2000, 98, 97
- Exchange Server 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007, 2003, 2000, 5.5 & 5